Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Being Vegan

I thought I would start my blog by introducing myself and talk a little bit about my life as a vegan. My name is Amber, I live Orange County, I am 26, and I'm vegan and love it!! But I haven't always been so anti meat and dairy. I actually grew up on chicken and potatoes, which I would wash down with a tall glass of milk. My dad grew up on a farm so he sort of carried that country life style into our home and therefore we ate the "all American" type of food in my house. I was at Barnes and Nobles one day looking up nutrition books and came across the book Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin and it quickly became my bible! I bought the book on a Tuesday and was vegan by Thursday and haven't looked back. It will be 3 years this July and I can't ever see myself eating meat again. For those who don't know what a vegan diet is like let me explain. No meat, eggs, or dairy products..so basically no animal products at all. It's not as bad as it seems and it really is not hard to eat like this, it just takes some getting use to and learning what you like. Once you figure out what works for you it becomes a way of life not a diet.

why VEGAN? Veganism, the natural extension of vegetarianism, is an integral component of a cruelty-free lifestyle. Living vegan provides numerous benefits to animals' lives, to the environment, and to our own health–through a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Vegan Action - http://www.vegan.org/about_veganism/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment