Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Vegan Pyramid



















I am constantly looking up vegan nutrition and approved vegan foods and found this pyramid that I thought was cool and it is helpful to see what vegan's should be eating and what amounts.

The
Vegan Food Pyramid may look somewhat familiar. You've likely seen one very similar that's designed for non-vegans. But the cool thing about the Vegan Food Pyramid is that all the animal foods found in the original pyramid have been replaced with plant foods that contain key nutrients that are very similar to those found in animal products -- without a smidge of cholesterol, of course!!

Yes, it's THAT easy to eat a balanced vegan diet that provides the nutrition you need!

1 comment:

  1. I love how I'm the vegan that's a complete opposite of you. My other vegan friends are always telling me to read up on how to stay healthy, but i just go for whatever is there. Luckily according to this pyramid I'm doing things right, eating a lot of grains. Bread is so delicious.

    ReplyDelete